Sunday, April 8, 2012

Available for adoption & the funniest thing I've ever seen

So I had just cleaned the kitty litter and Ani and Paddy were both in the room watching me.  As soon as I finish they both jump in the litter to dirty it up again.  Paddy goes first and, for whatever reason, she always grips the lip of the litter box and stands while she does her business.  I've gotten used to this unusual practice. 

Ani respectfully let her finish and leap out of the litter before getting ready to take care of his business.  But he must be taking after Paddy because he tried to grip the lip of the litter box too, except that he was facing the corner that the litter box sits in and couldn't quite grab it.  So he simply pooped while doing what I call "The Gopher". 
It was the funniest thing I have ever seen!  I only wish I had my phone on me so I could have snapped a photo!  Anyway, I just thought I'd share.

Anakin is also available for adoption now.  His fee is $50 and we are taking applications on him.  He is still not 100% socialized but I feel that he is at the point where he would be able to transition into his forever home.  He will bond with the humans who work with him and those should be his forever parents.  Otherwise it may be too difficult for him to leave us. 

He has really been doing great lately overall.  He still doesn't like being approached quickly or petted, but he will tolerate being stroked on his back while he is eating.  I would like to require that he go to a home with other cats.  He feels much more comfortable with other cats around.  Paddy really does have a calming effect on him.  If you don't have any other cats, Paddy is also up for adoption (for the normal fee of $125) and is the sweetest cat you'll ever meet.  She can give you all the companionship you need while Ani serves as a playmate for her and something super cute for you to look at and play with.  lol  Ani will make a great companion to other cats, especially other kittens since he loves to play so much.  Paddy has taught him better cat social skills so he doesn't play as rough as he used to.  He's also gotten better at reading other cats' body language through interacting with Paddy.  Whoever adopts Ani will be getting a small supply of kitten food (wet and dry) and the chicken and gravy baby food.  You can also do a foster-to-adopt where you can see how he does in your home for up to 2 weeks before we will process your payment.  :) 

If you think you might be interested in meeting Ani, contact me at tmuelle7@slu.edu . 

No comments:

Post a Comment